Cybersecurity Checklist – Part II: Mitigating Post-Exploitation Techniques
How do you stop an attacker on the inside?
Today’s attacks are more aggressive, evolving at a rapid pace, and can evade and create massive damage despite the best efforts of today’s security technology. But that doesn’t mean you can’t fight back. These practical recommendations focus on steps you can take post-exploitation to stop the attack and limit the impact of malicious activity.
- How to manage and limit PowerShell access
- Securing and utilizing Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Ways to apply application controls to
- Following the principle of least privilege and applying access controls
- What to monitor for to help uncover and stop malicious activity