Securing Protected Health Information
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) includes provisions to maintain the privacy of protected health information (PHI). The HIPAA rules apply to covered entities, which include medical providers, employer health plans and insurance companies that deal with patient data.
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) expanded the HIPAA rules related to the use and disclosure of PHI, requiring appropriate safeguards to protect PHI.
HIPAA requirements mean you have to deal with several challenges:
- Targeted threats: Attacks specifically designed to compromise healthcare networks and steal protected health information (PHI)
- Non-stop Operations: IT teams need to constantly keep networks updated, patched and configured correctly
- Resources gap: Skilled security resources required to perform security testing, risk assessments, and enforce security rules are difficult to find and retain
The Alert Logic approach to HIPAA and HIPAA-HITECH compliance helps you to:
- Implement administrative and technical safeguards you need to be HIPAA and HIPAA-HITECH compliant
- Detect and prevent network intrusions, identify vulnerabilities and misconfigurations that might expose personal health information due to insufficient data protection.
- Find suspicious- or active-breach activity, with alerts within 15 minutes, from our security operations center
And, we provide 24/7 network security monitoring, expert analysis, and guidance on events and incidents, allowing scarce IT resources to stay focused on business-critical projects. Our security operations center will alert you about suspicious activity or active breaches that may impact data such as patient information, within 15-minutes.
HIPAA Compliance Cheat Sheet
Selecting technologies so your organization can apply security controls, testing policies, and procedures that help you comply with HIPAA regulations can be overwhelming. This cheat sheet will outline things you should consider, including:
- Will your Network IDS work in both your on-premises data center and your cloud environments?
- What website attack vectors is your WAF Security solution blocking?
- Does your cybersecurity solution create reports to help you demonstrate your HIPAA compliance?
"…we can quickly look up the details of the threat or potential threat, it saves us a lot of time. Alert Logic gives you peace of mind."
Vineet Gulati, CEO of HealthExpenseFull Case Study
Where Alert Logic solutions help you with HIPAA Compliance
- Implement continuous data protection across all environments with a fully managed, cloud-based security and compliance suite
- Expert security services to help you assess, detect and block threats to applications and other workloads that could result in loss of electronic protected health information
Services Offerings for HIPAA Compliance
Need to Schedule A Demo?
Please fill out the form below in its entirety or call us directly at 844.816.1051, for the UK call +44 (0) 203 011 5533.
SCHEDULE A DEMO
Want to learn about Alert Logic products in more detail? Call us direct at +1.877.484.8383, for the UK call +44 (0) 203 011 5533, or complete this form. An Alert Logic representative will contact you soon.